Sunday, December 9, 2007

Three Months & Street Kids

We have completed three months of our mission and can't believe how the time flies. We seem to stay busy and enjoy spending the time together, all day, every day.

Monday went to a member's home this week and presented a Family Home Evening on Jesus and the gifts He gave us. We used an old Friend for the lesson idea and left them a picture of the Savior. It was a nice visit and we have grown to love these new friends.

We have been working on a Picture Directory for our Bishop. It's amazing how many people's pictures we have already gotten. With so many people here, on and off for work; this will be a great blessing for our Bishop.

Rosetta Stone rocks! I love this language program. It is computer operated and checks your pronunciation, speaking, grammar and spelling. I'm so glad we found a program that fits with my learning style. Don will start on it this week.

We have had a couple of missionary experiences this week and thought we would let you know that if your missionary says he's short on money. He probably is. If he says he's been a little sick. He probably is sick. We haven't found any complainers, only hard workers.

We worked on the Personal Receptors for the translation for the New Member Meeting today. Don is amazing! He was able to show me what to do and not get upset when I had to go back to check the batteries on the battery tester. Duh! Why didn't I do that the first time I was checking them? Next time I'll know.

With Christmas coming we hope you will all find an opportunity to share with someone in need. Smile it's the best to give, fun to receive and it's FREE!!

Street Kid Update:
Our street kids returned to Church this week. They came and said hello as soon as they arrived. Giving us great big smiles. This week they had their parents permission and were better behaved than most of the members kids. Amazing! After lunch they stopped by the kitchen and I happened to have some apples that they were thrilled to take with them.

No comments: