Last Sunday night, the Elders (our Zone Leaders) had two investigators that came to our apartment for a lesson. Audi and Milton are both from Honduras and have wonderful spirits about them. Audi was investigating the Church with the missionaries before he left Honduras and bore an outstanding testimony of the truthfulness of The Book of Mormon and the Church. It was a wonderful experience and we are so grateful for the opportunity to have the Elders teach in our home.
We had our first New Member Lesson today and had about 60 people come, not including the missionaries. We invited the Elders to bring all of their investigators to the meeting and we were excited to see the great response. The Assistants to the Mission President even came down for it. I hope they take back a good report ;-) We have such wonderful missionaries here. I'm so grateful for the little bit of Spanish that I have, it's coming back as I use it and today I totally surprised myself. I had two women working in the kitchen with me and was able to communicate with them in my broken Spanglish and they understood. (I think the hand motions helped a little bit, too.) Don's Spanish is picking up, especially since many words are the same in French.
I've gotten over the flu. If you get it, plan on two weeks of coughing. Don did really good about not getting it, until we kissed over the alter at the temple yesterday. We'll see if he gets a full blown case or if he has a stronger immune system.
Duck Update: We took our car into the dealer for repair last week and told them about our duck accident. They said that they had never heard of a duck flying into a car before. So we started watching where we drive, trying to stay away from that intersection. Well, it's the only way to get to Church from our house, so we drove by today and sure enough - those ducks were eyeing our car when we pulled up to the light. The only thing we can think of is that someone else has a big red car and they must feed the ducks.
We also have noticed a lot of egrets fishing here in the canals and today we saw another tortuga (turtle). A pretty big one sitting in the middle of the canal on a rock. They don't fence the canals and I'm still trying to understand how they don't have drownings here. Maybe because they don't swim in them or play in them at all.
We've been busy and have enjoyed every minute of it. We love you all and especially love serving the Lord full time. It is such a blessing in our lives. May the Lord bless each one of you in your endeavors.
1 comment:
Next time you hit a duck, just pack it on ice and send it our way. Aaron will stuff it and you can use it as a hood ornament to keep all the other ducks away! (And a few more dents!)
Post a Comment