Saturday, October 20, 2007

Adoption, Auxiliary Training and New Member Meetings


We got another granddaughter this week! Cassandra and Mark are adopting another baby. This time it's a girl. Kiana Renae was born on Wednesday and weighed in at 6 lbs. 5 oz. She has lots of dark curly hair just like her cousin Sara who was born last week. We love our children and love their blogs. Keep up the good work, we are watching.

We feel very blessed to have two new granddaughters join our family. That gives us 10 grandchildren. Ages 13 years to 3 days. We told the Mission President that we wanted to double the number of grandchildren we had while we were on our mission. We only have 6 more to go. We wish that we could be with their families now and welcome them into the world, but hope their parents will fly out with them after flu season.

Which brings me to the news that I (Michelle) have had the flu already, it's more like bronchitis.

Luckily we were able to get out for a few hours earlier this week and visit three less-active homes. It's also given us the chance to organize our plans for New Member Meetings/Lessons. With 80 baptisms last year and 78 still in the ward; only 5 have had any of the new member lessons. We will start a weekly lesson next Sunday and hopefully get a few of these people back into the Church.

We had 28 non-members attend the Cultural Night and sign-up to have the missionaries bring a free DVD to their home. Amazing!! I created a spreadsheet with all of the names and their information, the interesting part was to see how far people had come to attend the event. I'm grateful to the Elders for mentioning that this was a great event last year, but they didn't get any names or phone numbers. Kudos to the missionaries!! We have great missionaries here. They work hard and they are so good about helping translate for us.

The flu also gave me time to prepare for my presentation to the Stake Relief Society Presidencies today. Last week I was asked to speak at the Auxiliary Leadership Training meeting. Don gave me a Priesthood blessing and I was very blessed this morning with a clear throat and no cough. About 15 minutes after I spoke I started coughing again and my sweet companion reminded me that I was promised I would be able to deliver the message. I'd done that and now it was time to cough (rest). I love my husband!

We are both very excited that we will FINALLY be sealed on Saturday, October 27th in the Baton Rouge Temple. We've never been to the Baton Rouge Temple, but it's the only temple in the mission and we can't leave the mission. As many of you know, we've been looking forward to this since before we were married.

We love you all and love hearing from each of you. Take care and always remember that you are a Child of God. He loves you and is watching over you. Remember Who You Are.

Look for the miracles, they happen every day.

2 comments:

EvaMarieva said...

Congragulations on the sealing date. Mike and I are very excited and happy for you two. Keep posting, we love the updates.

The Ursenbach Family said...

October 27th is a great date! Now we can share an anniversary! Congrats to you both and sorry we can't attend. Love you! Julie